Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Don't Go Mobile with T-Mobile

 I've been a T-Mobile customer for over 3 years.  T-Mobile was a great carrier, at least I thought after I had resigned another 2 year contract with the provider.  Well, I was fooled.  Apparently, my service has be continuously overcharged for the past 8 months.  I have 3 phones, one for me and two for my teenage children.  I signed the family plan where I was to have 3G service and internet on my phone only.  My bill should be around 156.00 monthly.  However, T-Mobile has been charging me for 4G access and internet on all phones.  Every two weeks or less, I have been on the phone with the carrier having knock down, drag out sessions.  It seems that the Billing department and Customer Care department are unable to communicate with each other. I've been charged over $700.00 more than I should, and just to keep the phones active, I've been paying the bills.  I've been paying so I can keep in touch with my parents, who are up in age and one is not very healthy.

Three T-Mobile supervisors promise that the corrections will be made and that they will get back to me in a matter of two weeks at the latest.  Well, it's been 5 months.  Still no return call, let alone, the supervisors are dodging my calls.  I was fed up and went to the store where I initially resigned the contract.  The store manager, Michael, saw that I had been overcharged for all these months and promised my account would be credited.  Turned out the credit was not applied and here I am again, back on the phone with Customer Care.  This last Customer Care agent mentioned that she knows money is tight, but my bill is correct.  I explained my bill is NOT correct.  She was very condescending.  I admit, this time I swore!  My Mary Poppins personality was tossed out the window.  I have the funds to pay the bill.  I certainly do not appreciate being judge by a stranger.


I thought about upgrading my children's phones as a Christmas surprise, however, after the treatment I have received from T-Mobile, it's not in the cards at all.  If you want to avoid a mess like this, I strongly suggest to find a different carrier.  Maybe T-Mobile is having hardship and is trying to keep afloat by obtaining additional funds any which way they can.  Thanks T-Mobile for making my Christmas experience the best!!!