Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Is Tweety Bird Still Trending?

My daughter and I were talking while “Ugly Betty” rerun was playing in the background.  During the story-line, they mentioned Tweety Bird tattoo.  I thought, hey, I wonder how many Tweety-Too’s I’ve seen while dressing the brides through the years.  It’s been multiple!  Funny how the cute little birdie has ended up on the backside of so many non-animated characters.
Original tattoo
Do you think in 1942 the creator, Bob Clampett, would have thought his bird would trend for years?  That cute, sassy, nothing but attitude birdie has a 70 year old birthday coming up in January.  How do you think the Tweety-too is going to look on the backside of a non-animated character at age 70? Could it possibly stretch like this? 

Tattoo years from now?

Maybe the next generation will trend the current version of Tweety?  

I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat! 
Not so cute anymore, huh?